A cheerful BARK from the Dog!
This update brings a massive rework to how Fugitives are treated in Don’t Kick the Dog. The rework includes:
- Removing RNG from JAILBREAK (Now called RIOT), and SORRY, and COP (mostly).
- Introducing the ‘Critical Cop‘.
- Bringing Fugitive Health to Players (Previously was only for NPCs), and updating how Fugitive Health works in general.
- Reworks of [Officer’s Badge], [Gavel], [Lock Pick], [Ninja’s Hood], and [Secret Agent].
Players that KICK the Dog and have a change of heart can continue to use SORRY to atone for their mistake. However, rather than randomly receiving forgiveness, players are immediately forgiven and placed on Probation.
- Players on Probation will be totally unable to KICK the Dog for 5 minutes.
- Attempting to KICK during this time will reveal your remaining Probation period in game.
- Using SORRY as a Fugitive or Prisoner immediately places you on Probation.
- Golden Dog no longer provides blanket forgiveness on completion.
Fugitive Health & COP Changes
Both Player Fugitives and Fugitive NPCs now have ‘Fugitive Health’. When this health reaches zero, the Player/NPC is Imprisoned.
Of course, this would be an enormous buff if COP did not also change, so COP is no longer RNG dependent. Instead, COP always removes 1 Fugitive Health from a random Fugitive.
- Players begin with 10 Fugitive Health on becoming a Fugitive.
- Fugitive NPC health has changed:
- NPC: <Fugitive I> now has 4 Health.
- NPC: <Fugitive II> now has 12 Health.
- COP decreases a random Fugitive’s health by 1.
- COP has a small chance to land as a Critical Cop, which immediately reduces Fugitive Health to zero.
- Fugitive Players cannot critically cop.
- If a Player/NPC reaches zero Fugitive Health, they are Imprisoned.
Jailbreak has been changed to RIOT. Similar to how Players have Fugitive Health, the Jail now has Jail Health. Once that health reaches zero, a Prison Riot occurs and all Prisoners are turned into Fugitives.
- Jail Health is increased by 10 for every Prisoner added.
- RIOT is a new command that decreases Jail Health by 1. This command occurs automatically over time, like COP / PET.
The following items have changed due to the rework:
[Gavel] I, II, III, IV
- Charges: [5, 10, 20, 30]
- Passive: Increases Critical Cop chance by [20, 30, 40, 60]%. Critical Cop immediately reduces a Fugitive’s health to 0.
[Lock Pick] I, II, III, IV
- Charges: [10, 10, 10, 10]
- Passive: RIOT deals +[1, 2, 3, 5] damage to Jail Health. Costs 1 charge per RIOT.
[Ninja’s Hood] I, II, III, IV
- Charges: [1, 1, 1, 1]
- Passive: Upon reaching 0 Health, restores your health to [5, 10, 15, 30] and consumes 1 charge from this item.
[Officer’s Badge] I, II, III, IV
- Charges: [30, 30, 30, 30]
- Passive: Cop deals +[1, 2, 3, 4] damage to Fugitives. Costs 1 charge per COP.
[Secret Agent] I, II, III, IV
- Charges: [10, 20, 30, 60]
- Passive: Automatically deals 1 damage to any Player or NPC that Kicks the Dog. Costs 1 charge.
- Fugitive NPCs have a much lower chance to drop Items.
- Kicks from Fugitive NPCs no longer drain Kick Immunity.
- Fugitives that use the COP command will no longer automatically continue to cast the COP command.
- Players no longer automatically gain Gold over time.
- Fixed an issue where [Corrupted Pledge] was consuming charges for its passive effect.
- Fixed an issue where the Dog Leaving notification would not play audio or display a chat message.